Skip to main content

filing taxes Archives - Orcutt & Company

file taxes when I'm self employed

How Do I File Taxes When I’m Self Employed?

By Tax Advice

There’s nothing more rewarding than starting and running your own business. But, the particulars of having to keep track of finances and pay taxes can put a damper on your enthusiasm. If you’re self-employed and earn more than $400 in a tax year, you are probably required to pay a combination of income tax and self-employment tax. Here is what you need to know.  Who is Considered Self-Employed? For tax purposes, the IRS considers a person as “self-employed” if they…

Read More