Ask the average person about estate planning, and they may think “Well, that’s for the rich!”
That’s not true, and at some level, estate planning is necessary for everyone.
Here are just 5 areas of your life that estate planning impacts:
1. Your assets. What will happen to your assets when you die? Planning for death doesn’t bring it closer, but it does ensure you can dictate how these assets will be passed on.
2. Your wishes. Among other scenarios, if you can’t make your own medical decisions, for example, who will act in your interest? You can also have someone who can act in your financial interest if you can’t do so for yourself.
3. Your children. If you have minor children, do you know what would happen if you were to die? You can name guardian(s) to ensure your children are taken care of.
4. A blended family. A will brings great clarity to what can be a complex situation in your family.
5. Your adult family members. You can put your intentions for certain heirlooms and other items of value to you and your family in your will. This can also help prevent future misunderstandings or conflict.
Want to learn more about estate planning? We’re here to answer your questions and help you plan for the future. Give us a call today: (513) 576-1989.